The struggle is real for my curls today. The humidity is killer and between that and the fact that my curl pattern is still wrestling for life after the braids…. Well, you can see the results. Luckily the big, curly hair is in? Sort of? ╮(─▽─)╭
It took me a few hours to get used to not having 12 lbs of hair on my head, but I kind of miss actually having long hair. Ah well, another week and I’ll have them back!
As for my makeup, I chose a more natural look with a bright pink lip. I actually used a face powder today to make sure I had the flawless skin look to support the bright lip color. I usually prefer a more dewy/fresh finish, but I do pull out the powder every now and then depending on the look I’m going for.
See? I can do bright Spring/Summer colors. (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
- Flower Skincognito Stick Foundation in SF1 (I use this as a concealer/highlighter)
- Flower About Face Foundation in LF4
- Milani Face Powder in Light Tan
- Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly Watery Cheek in #3 Watery Pink
- Etude House Color My Brows in #4 Natural Brown
- Maybelline Rocket Mascara
- Wet n’ Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in A Stiff Pink
- Lord and Berry 20100 Shining Lipstick in Orange (Just on the center of my lips to add a bit of dimension)
Quite a few products for a simple look, right? At least I didn’t really contour. The Milani Face Powder was a bit too dark for me and somehow managed to be a bit too yellow. That is a first for me. I will keep it and see if I get any darker this Summer.
I say that, but I will probably just end up giving it to my little sister who enjoys the sun a whole heck of a lot more than I do.
This will probably be one of my statement looks for Summer since I tend to be more elaborate with my makeup in the Fall/Winter.
What kind of looks are you going for this season?